Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lavish Beauty

From my window I have a great view of my Rhododendron 'Midnight Mystique", given to me by my dear sister and rhodie addict Norma. It has grown from just a young pipsqueak in the few years I've had it to a true in-your-face beauty. Its rare and beautiful color is impossible to capture with a camera. The color is much more like looking through a glass of rare Merlot. Its branches refuse to stay compact, and instead stretch up to the light in lavish joyful praise.

The Bible says, "If we don't praise His name, even the rocks and stones will cry out." (Luke 19:40) And indeed they do, day and night. Midnight Mystique will always shout more joyously. I can almost hear the song... "Joyful, joyful, we adore thee..."  Perhaps it is thanking the Creator for its breathtaking beauty. And He always hears.

No comments:

Post a Comment